Monday, September 21, 2009

The birth of an atheist pt. 2

Continueing my previous entry, I'd like to write down another parts of my life, that have led me to what I am today. I mean, those relevant to my beliefs.

So as I was getting older, I read all possible books(until the point, it's stopped to interest me). I had not the chance to get to information on internet, as there was no computer in our household. After a while, I could use school computers and I did, but back then, these themes just didn't interest me, so I just ignored sites as wikipedia. I was just amazed by being next to computer, because for me it was something very modern, very genious, very attractive. Not caring, that those school computers were all just pieces of junk taken from a scrapheap. But then we've bought new shiny computer with Internet connection and I was just browsing the internet and wether I wanted to or not, information just kept getting to me. I couldn't speak english at that time, so I only read articles written in slovak language(which is my first language). But I found some articles about quantum physics, something more about biology, chemistry and philosophy as well.

All these information made great impression on me and all these pieces of knowledge started to create a system. It was not until I've learned english at least passively, I had the whole idea. But by learning english the access for new information was open. And I took use of it. Suddenly the world changed before me. I've got very cold view on this world, on this life.

There are so many people out there believing, that there must be something above us. Not the christian God explicitly. But some sort of God's power is acknowledged by lot of people in the world. By knowing more and more people I've realized there are several types of these people. According to my observation, there are not very inteligent people to make their own decision, there are people with social problems, people with their mind completely screwed by some religious organisation and also people that simply don't try to search for answers, they just let it to be God's business. Like I wrote in other of my previous entries, these people just need somebody to be blamed for their unsuccess, unhappiness. But that's not the way, that's pretty lame and you know that and those people know that too. They are just scared.

People are scared of death. And what God tells them, it's that they can live forever. So it kinda makes it easier to die. But that's not much of a deal for me. I know, that when I'll die, there is no heaven, no hell, nothing at all. Lot of people know that. Lot of them are not scared. I am not scared. What worser can happen to me, than that I could die? Nothing, right? Well, but I'll die anyway, so what is there to fear, right? This is why we cannot get to heaven nor hell. To begin with, we don't have any souls. This is just a philosophical concept of our thinking, conscience, love and other philosophic stuff. But nothing to touch. It's no material. Why am I so sure? Well that's easy.

There is this proven theory of conservation of material. So no new material comes up from nothing. If we would have soul from some form of material, then after we die, this material goes somewhere and our corporal remains turn to dust. From dust it gets to plants, they get their "food" from it etc etc. It means, that bye every dead person, there would be material disapearing from the Earth to somewhere else. Very soon it would mean, this planet would be much smaller, if not collapsed at all. Well our planet gets bigger(on the contrary of the concept with souls), so it means, there are no souls. Therefore it seems, there is just no chance for afterlife.

Even if you would like to argue, that the soul doesn't have to be materialistic, you wouldn't get your hopes of afterlife much higher. Just ask yourself, what kind of unmaterialistic power would transform material. There are no forces like that discovered by physicists, and although there is no proof, such power could exist(as it was never even considered), then it'll completely break any knowledge we have about this world. And apparently, such system could not work. Our knowledge is not ultimate, but there are things, that are proven and they would contradict the existence of such power. Just look at the conservation of material law. Such power would mean, this proven theory is not right. But we know it is right.

There are several other things running through my mind, but I'll leave them to other entries. See ya in my next entry, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment